How long has SM Transcription (SMT) been serving the medical community?
SMT opened its doors in 2006 and has been serving the medical community ever since.
Do you only provide service to facilities of the Pacific Northwest?
No. SMT is a national company. We serve the medical communities all across the United States.
How are you different from other transcription services?
There are several important differences:
- Our expertise lies in the areas of transcription and editing, specifically for users of voice recognition technology and electronic health record systems (EHRs). We are proficient users and trainers of eScription, specifically EditScript, a Nuance product. We hold certification issued by Nuance. We are also experienced users of Voiceware, WebChartMD, ChartScript, M*Modal’s Fluency/SpeechQ/Docuscribe... just to name a few.
- No EHR? No problem! Use our transcription platform to review & edit documents, auto-fax, eSign, search online archives, and much more—all from the comfort of your desktop, laptop, iPad, or smartphone.
- We are available 24/7 for your on-demand, overflow, or long-term needs. We are here to support you anytime you need us.
- The size and location of your office are not factors we consider when providing service. We have highly trained editors and transcriptionists all across the United States, Canada, and India who are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, ready to get you caught up and keep you on track.
- Our pricing is very competitive with industry standards, and we are more than happy to provide your personalized consultation at any time.
- We are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week via phone (1-360-893-8568) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you say "EHR editor," does this mean SMT enters your transcripts directly into the electronic health record – EHR?
Yes, we can! We also offer seamless HL7 integration so reports are sent directly from our transcription platform directly to your EHR. We provide expert medical transcription service that uploads your completed reports directly into any type of EHR platform.
How long does it take for you to complete a transcription report?
From the time a dictation enters our transcription server, the turn-around time on a report could be as short as 4 minutes to as long as 24 hours. Completion of any report depends on a combination of many variables, including the nature of the dictation, as well as the needs of our clients. Most of our clients expect a maximum of 24 hours to get their reports completed and returned.
What electronic health records — "EHR" — platforms are you familiar with?
Virtually all major EHR platforms. If you happen to be using a platform we are not familiar with, we can work in that environment as well because we are experts at interfacing with any type of EHR platform.
How much do you charge for your services?
Our pricing is very competitive with industry standards, and we are more than happy to provide your personalized consultation at any time.
Technically speaking, what are SMT's capabilities?
SMT is capable of seamlessly integrating your EHR system into our transcription network, enabling our transcriptionists to work in real time. SMT maintains compliance with all HIPAA privacy and security standards, and in many areas exceed these standards, ranging from 128-bit encryption to 256-bit encryption levels. Security is one of our main concerns that we do not take lightly.
Do you engage in non-EMR-related transcription projects?
Absolutely! Our medical transcriptionists and editors are the best in the business.
What is the best way to contact SMT?
Looking for services, contact us by phone, 1-360-893-8568, or email email@example.com.
Job seekers, contact us by email. In the subject line of your email, indicate the type of job you are seeking. Also, paste your resume into the body of the email. No attachments will be opened!